Sunday 16 October 2011

The End Of a Great First Season!



My 2011 rookie season came to an action packed crescendo at 3 Sisters on 1st October. After leading for 2 laps in the 650 twins race a red flag put a stop to my early lead. A sticky restart meant I found myself in a tough battle at the front. I managed to hang on to 2nd place until the last lap only to be run off the track by 3rd place rider Joe Ravenscroft when he made a late dive up the inside of me forcing me off onto the grass and I went down!

Had a great rookie race later in the day and came from 5th up to 3rd and an over ambitious overtake caused me to run into the back of Dave Boardman at the hairpin as he turned in.

Two offs but encouraging pace running at the front with far more experienced riders gave me a great confidence boost to take into the close season.

Some repair work to do but a thoroughly enjoyable first season! 2012 hear we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment